Wyoming PBS Foundation Executive Director Job Opening
The Wyoming PBS Foundation seeks an Executive Director to oversee the foundation office, secure major gifts, manage underwriting, and grants, and increase membership and overall support for Wyoming PBS. Extensive travel throughout Wyoming and some nationwide is expected. Must reside in, or be willing to relocate, to the Fremont County area, as office is located in Riverton, WY on the Central Wyoming College campus.
This is a full-time, non-benefited position with pay ranging between $85K to $120K per year, depending on experience. For full job description visit https://www.wyomingpbs.org/foundation/executivedirector/, or to submit a letter of interest and resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org
WY PBS FOUNDATION JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Wyoming PBS, and President of the Wyoming PBS Foundation Board of Directors
This is a full-time, renewable, twelve-month, fundraising and management position that requires a dynamic, energetic, organized, and successful executive officer and development director. Extensive travel throughout Wyoming is required with a primary office in the Wyoming PBS Foundation office located on the Central Wyoming College campus in Riverton, WY. Under the supervision of the CEO of Wyoming PBS, who also serves as the President of the Board of Directors of the Wyoming PBS Foundation. The Executive Director performs fundraising and management activities, including, but not limited to, the following duties:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Major gifts/major donors: plan, research, and implement major gift and planned giving campaigns; identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors and prospects through visits and other direct personal contact, in accordance with performance targets established by the Foundation Board.
- Corporate and Foundation support: research, develop, and execute successful corporate and foundation sponsorship and support, including writing grants and proposals and planning and completing prospecting and sales calls.
- Planned Giving with the development of a strategy to recognize legacy donors along with a plan to conduct regular outreach and communication with bequest donors. Oversee the implementation of and follow through of a successful planned giving process at the foundation.
- Capital campaigns: plan, coordinate, and complete capital or annual fund campaigns.
- Membership: work with the Foundation Membership, Events & Pledge Director to ensure member satisfaction and to utilize the member database effectively in additional gift campaigns; assist in planning membership communications, functions and special appeals; develop and implement new strategies to attract and cultivate new donors and increase renewals.
- Business management: with board guidance and input work with Wyoming PBS on a joint strategic plan; set short-term priorities to accomplish annual goals; oversee accounting and business functions; plan Board meetings, create and update Board documents as necessary; hire and supervise office staff and contractors as needed; develop and track budget/expenses; ensure annual audits are complete and correct.
- Work with the Wyoming PBS station CEO with communications and relationship building with local and congressional political representatives. This role is intended to help educate representation about the Foundation’s updates and how they positively impact the station’s efforts, as well as keeping representation informed about statewide and local events for Wyoming PBS in Wyoming.
- Liaison with Wyoming PBS: identify and solicit major donations and grants for Wyoming PBS productions; ensure required grant and corporate reports are completed and delivered on schedule; coordinate on-air fundraising with Wyoming PBS staff; communicate with appropriate staff about underwriting contracts, promotions, program guide inclusions and other required information; coordinate with Wyoming PBS outreach staff and oversee coordination, in partnership with Wyoming PBS, outreach events; and provide reports and attend scheduled management team meetings with Wyoming PBS staff.
- Office management: supervise and evaluate Wyoming PBS Foundation office staff; refine and maintain a system of records for communications, donor identification, receipt of gifts, fiscal transactions, bookkeeping accounts, and other matters as deemed appropriate
The Wyoming PBS Foundation is an independent, certified 501c3 nonprofit organization specifically established for the direct financial support of Wyoming PBS. Based on a small staff size, the foundation is unable to provide benefits such as health insurance, 401K, life insurance and so on. However, the foundation does provide generous PTO, holiday time and personal days. To learn more about the Wyoming PBS Foundation Employee Policies please download them here - Wyoming PBS Foundation Employee Policies