We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of any information you may provide to us. This policy discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website (wyomingpbs.org), as well as any other Web sites owned or operated by the Wyoming PBS ("WPTV") Network.
We will do our very best to ensure the privacy of any identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) you may provide to us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT:
Our Web servers will create log files which contain all or some of the following information:
- The date, time and length of your visit.
- The path taken through our Web site and the browser being used.
- The list of files downloaded and the amount of time spent viewing any video or audio files.
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer accessing our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site.
- Any errors encountered.
We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. However, in order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- Contest registration.
- Subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters).
- Requests for membership information.
- Fulfillment of your orders for merchandise.
- Gathering your editorial comments and feedback.
- Content submissions, comments and suggestions, or voting.
- On-line surveys. The information you may provide in these surveys is used only on an aggregate basis to describe our audiences and assist us in better serving you.
- Participation in community postings, bulletin boards or "chat rooms."
WPTV will not willfully disclose your personal information received online to any third party without first receiving your permission.
WPTV may use your personally identifiable information for the activities explained above and for internal and marketing promotional purposes.
We do not share, exchange, rent or sell any of our lists to political parties or candidates for political office.
When you engage in financial transactions at our Site, you may be asked for a credit card number. The server that processes your credit card information is "secure" and your credit card number will be encrypted as it passes through the Internet. Such information is also saved in an encrypted format or in internal systems that are protected by an internal "firewall" system.
YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW:
This site contains links to other sites. wyomingpbs.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. Also, please note that we do not accept any responsibility for the information or content presented in such areas by users.